Real-time platform operations status and maintenance announcements
Deprecated products and their deprecation dates
Atom feed for this change log
The latest developer relations news
May 18, 2023
- We have made improvements to the new view and order experience based on feedback. You can now click on the thumbnail to preview imagery on the map. We've also removed tooltips that blocked buttons.
- Now when you click "Deselect all" it will also remove any footprints you have locked on the map, in addition to imagery you've selected for viewing and ordering.
- Customers will now need to opt-in to receive email notifications about Saved Searches. This used to be on by default and is now off by default.
- You can now use the "pixel diff" tool in Compare mode, which will highlight where pixels may be different between the two images you've selected. We've removed the "spy through" tool due to low usage.
May 18, 2023
- Users will now receive an email notification when a new device is used to sign into their Planet Account for the first time. This email will give sign-in details and a way to contact us if you do not recognize this activity and need to secure your account.
May 11, 2023
Security Fix 🐛¶
Fix security issue where secret file was being created with read access for other users on the same machine. Automatically fixes the file permissions to only read and write the first time the file is accessed, and continues to enforce the proper file permissions going forward.
May 04, 2023
Tasking Dashboard Updates¶
- Now you can access the Planet Account page directly from the Tasking Dashboard.
From the Account page, you can:
View the quota bars for current tasking quota usage.
Run Quota Usage reports for a detailed breakdown of information about quota availability and usage.
Note: The Usage reports do not include Data on orders from before November 17, 2022.
The Tasking Dashboard Basemap has been refreshed to offer a more detailed view. The new Basemap uses imagery from the PlanetScope constellation to navigate and target your area of interest (AOI) more easily. This is especially helpful in areas with few geographical features.
There is a new Expiring soon filter in Orders by State to track expiring Flexible orders.
There is a new date picker, so you can now select the date ranges to filter your search for one or more date ranges.
April 19, 2023
- It is now easier to preview and order imagery. When you search for imagery, you will see three new buttons. Click X items button to check out each satellite image from that date and make the best choice. Click the eye button to preview the imagery from that date on the map. Click the cart button to add the imagery to your order. You can select and de-select imagery from multiple dates. You can also lock the footprint of an image onto the map to get a better sense of coverage.
- When you place an order, there is a new option to composite images, which stitches them together. You will receive fewer files and consume less quota. Composite all will give you one file and composite by strip will provide the most consistency (spatial, spectral, environmental, etc). Take a look at the impact of each option on the map to get a sense of what you will receive.
- You can now more easily use your Hosted Data in other tools and platforms. Download the Cloud Optimized GeoTIFF (COG) and pull it into other web applications at no extra cost.
- You can now select MGRS as a format in Settings, under the Coordinate System section. You can also easily copy MGRS coordinates out of Explorer to paste into other systems. The coordinates can be found in the bottom banner of the app. Please note: precision varies by the zoom level and resolution.