The SkySat cloud_cover field is now computed as the sum of cloud_percent and heavy_haze_percent so all cloud values are consistent. Note that cloud_cover is still in the range 0-1 (a ratio), while cloud_percent and heavy_haze_percent are percentages in the range 0 to 100. The properties of the archive have not been changed at this time, but may be changed in the future to also reflect this change.
New & Updated Tasking Dashboard features
- Extended the timeout for stuck queued captures from 15h to 30h after which the capture gets FAILED and the order continues re-tasking or expires.
- Order details are grouped in a more constructive way in Order Details View.
- Requested area in sqkm is exposed on order level.
Bugs fixed related to order and captures states:
- captures being stuck in PROCESSING,
- orders being stuck in IN PROGRESS,
- orders moving to IN PROGRESS after being EXPIRED,
- Stereo Orders being stuck in REQUESTED and expecting for more captures after already having relevant successful captures published
Coregistration is a new Orders API tool available in Beta to Preferred and Premium raster tool customers. This tool allows you to coregister a set of target items to a single anchor item within your order, making it easier to perform time series analysis of deep temporal imagery stacks. More information on this tool is available here: https://developers.planet.com/docs/orders/tools-reference/#coregister
Planet Explorer updates:
Saved Searches can be saved without an end date. This means that every time you load it, it will load the most recent results.
You can select which Measurement System you want to use for the Measurement Tools, metric or united states customary, alongside new and more explicit units. The units will be respected and will not change regardless of the size of the area drawn.
- Spectral Analysis panel is now grouped to differentiate between Band Combinations and Spectral Indices
- You can now provide direct feedback regarding our Spectral Analysis feature
- Metadata Panel updates
- For PlanetScope items you can now see the Instrument information
- Tooltips that add more context to each field
- PSScene3Band analytic assets can now be ordered via the Orders interface
Bug Fixes 🐛
Fixed some issues with incorrect metadata being shown for items
SkySatCollects now have the correct rectification notification.