New Vertices Support for the Subscriptions API 🙌🏻¶
You can now use geometries with up to 1,500 vertices in the Planet Subscriptions API.
- You can now stream hosted data tiles into your own tools and web apps. Best of all, these streaming links are secure and don't leak your API key.
- It is now easier to preview and order imagery, our new experience is now the default. When you search for imagery, you will see three new buttons.
- Click the blue "X items" button to check out each satellite image from that date and make the best choice.
- Click the thumbnail to preview the imagery from that date on the map.
- Click the "cart" button to add the imagery to your order.
- You can select and de-select imagery from multiple dates.
- You can also click the double square button to lock the footprint of an image onto the map to get a better sense of coverage.
- Users can now select their preferred file format when they first start their order. Previously, users had to select a file format for each asset (i.e. Visual or Surface Reflectance 4band). The default option is a GeoTIFF and should work for a majority of use cases. Please note: this file format will apply to the entire order.
- Users can now opt out of receiving order status e-mails in the “Order Settings” section at the top.
- Users will now receive STAC metadata files with every order, and can opt out of this in the “Order Settings” section at the top . Read more on STAC metadata here.
Bug Fixes 🐛¶
- We’ve fixed an issue where selecting composite in the Orders UI would sometimes cause the application to crash.
Planet Explorer Improvements 🙌🏻¶
You can now use geometries with up to 1,500 vertices in both Planet Explorer and the Planet Orders API.
If a geometry that is larger than 1,500 vertices is provided, Planet Explorer will prompt you to simplify the geometry.
- We have made improvements to the new view and order experience based on feedback. You can now click on the thumbnail to preview imagery on the map. We've also removed tooltips that blocked buttons.
- Now when you click "Deselect all" it will also remove any footprints you have locked on the map, in addition to imagery you've selected for viewing and ordering.
- Customers will now need to opt-in to receive email notifications about Saved Searches. This used to be on by default and is now off by default.
- You can now use the "pixel diff" tool in Compare mode, which will highlight where pixels may be different between the two images you've selected. We've removed the "spy through" tool due to low usage.