Planet Explorer updates:
Saved Searches can be saved without an end date. This means that every time you load it, it will load the most recent results.
You can select which Measurement System you want to use for the Measurement Tools, metric or united states customary, alongside new and more explicit units. The units will be respected and will not change regardless of the size of the area drawn.
- Spectral Analysis panel is now grouped to differentiate between Band Combinations and Spectral Indices
- You can now provide direct feedback regarding our Spectral Analysis feature
- Metadata Panel updates
- For PlanetScope items you can now see the Instrument information
- Tooltips that add more context to each field
- PSScene3Band analytic assets can now be ordered via the Orders interface
Bug Fixes 🐛
Fixed some issues with incorrect metadata being shown for items
SkySatCollects now have the correct rectification notification.
You can now analyze imagery (scenes) by ordering them to a hosted folder. This feature is still in “Beta” and you can try it out by enabling it in the Labs.
Bug Fixes 🐛
Weekly Basemaps labels
Collection of bug fixes when switching between Enhancement Imagery, NDVI, and browsing.
Planet Explorer updates:¶
- New Explorer UI that brings a better user experience with relocated tools.
- Color Enhance for basemaps
- Auto Enhance, Snow, and Desert modes
- Custom enhancement via brightness, contrast, and saturation controls
- Additional Spectral Indices have been promoted from a Lab to the tool
- NDWI (using NIR), MTVI2, VARI, MSAVI2
- You no longer need to draw an AOI to compare two basemaps
- You can now preview our upcoming UI and feature updates at https://www.planet.com/products/explorer/. This site will be up for a limited time.
- You can now pay for a basemap streaming license, online with your credit card. Explorer will include prompts to redirect you or you can visit https://www.planet.com/purchase.
Bug Fixes 🐛¶
- GeoJSON files that only have a geometry defined, without a Feature Collection definition now work as expected.
- Our Welcome dialog was causing some confusion as it alluded to our trial regardless of account status, we've made some updates!