New Releases of the Planet Add-ins for ArcGIS Pro
Planet Add-in 3.0, and 2.2.1 both provide an indicator that displays the size of the area-of-interest (AOI) used to search for imagery and Basemap quads. The Planet Add-in for ArcGIS is an ArcGIS Pro Add-In that enables you to search, discover, preview, stream, and download Planet imagery and Basemaps in ArcGIS Pro.
Planet Add-in Version 3.0
- Version 3.0 is the first version of the Planet Add-in that is compatible with ArcGIS Pro 3.x.
- Planet Add-in 3.0 provides the ability to download imagery with STAC metadata. STAC metadata is more compatible with ArcGIS, and similar applications.
Planet Add-in Version 2.2.1
Version 2.2.1 is the final version of the add-in compatible with ArcGIS Pro 2.x. There will be no future updates, patches, or fixes for ArcGIS Pro 2.x. Update to ArcGIS Pro 3.x for access to the most current Planet Add-in.
Attention: PSScene4Band and PSScene3Band item types will be deprecated in January 2023. If you are interested in medium resolution imagery, use the PSScene item type.
Planet Imagery Ribbon
Once installed, the Planet Add-Ins for ArcGIS add a Planet Imagery ribbon to the ArcGIS Pro project with the following panels:
- Planet Imagery Search Panel (learn more about imagery search capabilities)
- Planet Basemaps Search Panel (learn more about Basemap search capabilities)
- Planet Inspector Panel (learn more about the inspector tool)
- Planet Tasking Panel (learn more about high-res tasking)
- Planet Order Status Panel
- ArcGIS Pro 3.x and later for Planet Add-in version 3.0
- ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3 and later for the Planet Add-in version 2.2.1
- Python 3.6+
- Planet subscription or trial for accessing Planet data
Rate this guide: