Planet Add-in for ArcGIS Pro¶
The Planet Add-in for ArcGIS Pro provides access to Planet’s satellite imagery directly from ArcGIS Pro. To order Planet imagery for use in ArcGIS Pro, specify the area of interest (AOI) and the filters in your search. Also, you can discover and stream Planet Basemaps and send tasking coordinates to Planet's Tasking Dashboard for high-resolution, on-demand imagery captures.
- Get the Planet Add-in at Download Planet Add-in for ArcGIS Pro.
- Follow the instructions in the Getting Started Guide.
The Integrations Changelog provides the most current information on new releases, features and functionality.
Using the Planet Add-in for ArcGIS Pro¶
Once the Planet Add-in is installed, a Planet Imagery ribbon is added to all ArcGIS Pro projects. The following tools enable you to interact with the Planet Platform:
- Image Search - Search the Planet Imagery catalog to find and order imagery when and where it is needed.
- Planet Basemaps - Search for Planet Basemaps to stream for visualization or download for analysis workflows.
- Planet Inspector - Inspect the source images and their metadata for Basemaps that you have added to your maps.
- Planet Tasking - Specify coordinates for high-resolution tasking to send to Planet's Tasking Dashboard.
- Order Status - View the status of your orders and add them to your maps.
- ArcGIS Pro 3.0+ for version 3.x of the add-in
- ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3 - 2.9 for version 2.x of the add-in
- Python 3.6+
- A Planet account (don’t have an account? Please contact us)
NOTE on ArcGIS Pro version compatibility
If you use a 2.x version of ArcGIS Pro, you must use version 2.2.1 of the Planet Add-in for ArcGIS Pro. This is our last version of the add-in that supports ArcGIS Pro 2.x versions and there will be no future updates, patches, or fixes for ArcGIS Pro version 2.x. Update to ArcGIS Pro 3.x for access to the most current Planet Add-in.
Rate this guide: