Planet QGIS Plugin V2.1.1
Planet QGIS Plugin V2.1.1 Released
These docs are for the new Planet QGIS V2 Plugin. For documentation of the v1 plugin, see here.
The Planet QGIS Plugin is an open-source plugin that can be installed and added to your QGIS program.
The Plugin enables you to search, discover, preview, stream, and download your Planet imagery & Basemaps directly in QGIS. Once installed, the Plugin will present the following panels to help you accomplish your workflows:
- Planet Imagery Search Panel (learn more about imagery search capabilities)
- Planet Basemaps Search Panel (learn more about Basemap search capabilities)
- Planet Inspector Panel (learn more about the Planet Inspector tool)
- Planet Tasking Panel (learn more about high-res tasking)
- Planet Order Status Panel
QGIS is a free and open-source GIS desktop application, which anyone can download from the QGIS website.
Warning for QGIS 3.20 users on Macs
We are aware that QGIS V3.20 users are encountering serious issues using the Planet QGIS Plugin on Macs. We are actively troubleshooting the issue with the QGIS team, you can track Issue 44182 here. In the meantime, we recommend that you use a QGIS version between 3.10 and 3.20, such as the 3.16 long term stable release. For further information including instructions on how to downgrade QGIS, please refer to our support page here.
- QGIS version 3.10 and up is required
- Python 3.6 or greater
- Planet subscription or trial for accessing and downloading Planet imagery. Don't have a subscription? Contact our team to learn more.
Rate this guide: