Planet QGIS Plugin¶
The Planet QGIS Plugin provides access to Planet’s satellite imagery directly from QGIS.
To order Planet imagery for use in QGIS, specify the area of interest (AOI) and the filters in your search. Also, you can discover and stream Planet Basemaps, and send tasking coordinates to Planet's Tasking Dashboard for high-resolution, on-demand imagery captures. Download the QGIS Plugin at Download the Planet QGIS Plugin.
The Integrations Changelog provides the most current information on new releases, features, and functionality.
Using the Planet QGIS Plugin¶
Once the Planet QGIS Plugin is installed, a Planet Imagery ribbon is added to the QGIS interface. The following tools enable you to interact with the Planet Platform:
- Image Search - Search the Planet Imagery catalog to find and to order imagery when and where it is needed.
- Planet Basemaps - Search for Planet Basemaps to stream for visualization or download for analysis workflows.
- Planet Inspector - Inspect the source images and their metadata for Basemaps that you have added to your maps.
- Planet Tasking - Specify coordinates for high-resolution tasking to send to Planet's Tasking Dashboard.
- Order Status - View the status of your orders and add them to your maps.
- QGIS version 3.10 and later
- Python 3.6+
- A Planet account (don’t have an account? Please contact us)
Rate this guide: