February 16, 2023
Planet QGIS Plugin Version 2.3 Updates¶
- An area estimate is displayed when you draw an area of interest to search for Basemap quads to download.
- STAC metadata is now available as an option when placing an order.
- A new Add to Map button is included in the Orders panel. When Add to Map is selected, a true color visualization of PlanetScope or SkySat imagery is automatically rendered in the QGIS map.
- An improved multi-polygon search has been added. You can now search for individual polygons in a multi-polygon or select a bounding box around the multi-polygon extent.
Bug Fixes 🐛¶
- The auto-fill coordinates feature now correctly completes fields in the Tasking Dashboard and a location is specified in the Tasking panel.
- The Basemap series cadence is now in the correct sequential order.
- The metadata fields in imagery footprints now display the correct data type.
January 26, 2023
Planet Add-in for ArcGIS Pro Updates¶
You can now view a size estimate when you draw an area of interest to search for Basemap quads.
Bug Fixes 🐛¶
- The auto-fill coordinates feature now correctly completes fields in the Tasking Dashboard when specifying a location in the Tasking panel.
- The Planet Add-in for ArcGIS Pro now supports organizations that are using system proxies.
September 22, 2022
New Releases of the Planet Add-ins for ArcGIS Pro¶
Planet Add-in 3.0 and 2.2.1 both provide an indicator that shows the size of the area-of-interest (AOI) used to search for imagery and Basemap quads.
Planet Add-in Version 3.0¶
- Planet Add-in 3.0 for ArcGIS is the first version of the add-in that is compatible with ArcGIS Pro 3.x.
- Planet Add-in 3.0 provides the ability to download imagery with STAC metadata. STAC metadata is more compatible with ArcGIS and similar applications.
Planet Add-in Version 2.2.1¶
Version 2.2.1 is the final version of the add-in compatible with ArcGIS Pro 2.x.
October 04, 2021
The 2.1.1 patch addresses a number of quality improvements, including a time-stamp discrepancy issue impacting the image search results from the Planet inspector tool, compared to the timestamp on results returned by the image search panel. These time stamps are now consistent and accurate.
July 12, 2021
The 2.1 patch makes a number of quality improvements incl bug fixes and standardizing experiences between Planet's QGIS Plugin and Explorer apps, it also significantly revamps the download/order checkout process.
In 2.1 Users can find:
- Full support for imagery assets across all Planet item types such as rectified and un-rectified assets
- Consistent download experience between Planet Explorer and the ArcGIS Add-In
- An improved imagery checkout process with clearer documentation for imagery assets
- Support for arbitrary geometry clipping and multi-polygon clipping