New Releases of the Planet Add-ins for ArcGIS Pro
Planet Add-in 3.0 and 2.2.1 both provide an indicator that shows the size of the area-of-interest (AOI) used to search for imagery and Basemap quads.
Planet Add-in Version 3.0
- Planet Add-in 3.0 for ArcGIS is the first version of the add-in that is compatible with ArcGIS Pro 3.x.
- Planet Add-in 3.0 provides the ability to download imagery with STAC metadata. STAC metadata is more compatible with ArcGIS and similar applications.
Planet Add-in Version 2.2.1
Version 2.2.1 is the final version of the add-in compatible with ArcGIS Pro 2.x.
The 2.1.1 patch addresses a number of quality improvements, including a time-stamp discrepancy issue impacting the image search results from the Planet inspector tool, compared to the timestamp on results returned by the image search panel. These time stamps are now consistent and accurate.
The 2.1 patch makes a number of quality improvements incl bug fixes and standardizing experiences between Planet's QGIS Plugin and Explorer apps, it also significantly revamps the download/order checkout process.
In 2.1 Users can find:
- Full support for imagery assets across all Planet item types such as rectified and un-rectified assets
- Consistent download experience between Planet Explorer and the ArcGIS Add-In
- An improved imagery checkout process with clearer documentation for imagery assets
- Support for arbitrary geometry clipping and multi-polygon clipping
Customers can now bring their own service account to manage GEE scene delivery, offering users a dedicated ingest queue and independence from Planet's default delivery service account