Browse user guides, documentation and full API references for Planet's APIs, GIS Integrations, Imagery and Apps
- Data: search for, filter & download Planet imagery
- Analytics: Access analytic products derived from Planet imagery
- Basemaps: Access to Planet's mosaiced basemap services
- Tile Services: Planet's XYZ & WMTS tile protocol services
- Tasking: Create, edit, cancel and manage SkySat point collection orders
- Orders: Create processing pipelines with analysis-ready data
- Subscriptions: Subscribe to continuous cloud delivery of imagery
- Reports: Download usage reports
✨ Product Update: Planetary Variables in Sentinel Hub ✨¶
New datasets are available in Sentinel Hub for Land Surface Temperature, Soil Water Content, Crop Biomass, and Forest Carbon.
Planetary Variables and Sentinel Hub¶
Planetary Variables are now a supported data layer in Sentinel Hub. You can order Planetary Variables with the Sentinel Hub Third Party Data Import API to be delivered to your Sentinel Hub collections …
✨ Update to Planet Basemaps ✨¶
Planet implemented an improved normalization approach for surface reflectance basemaps that use Sentinel-2 as a normalization target.
The entire Sentinel-2 imagery catalog between 2017 and 2023 is processeed using the Framework for Operational Radiometric Correction for Environmental monitoring (FORCE) method then created monthly-cadence, multi-year composites by estimating the 30th percentile for each pixel location using only cloud-free data.
Looking for help getting started with the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) API Tiles specification? This primer can get you going.
Planet’s new CLI has no builtin GIS capabilities other than what Planet’s APIs provide. To help make more sophisticated workflows possible, Planet is releasing a new package of command line programs for manipulating streams of GeoJSON features.