New (ish) ✨
- Orders v2 is now the sole provider of orders in Explorer for all users.
- As announced last week, only those users that are part of the Beta Clipping + Raster Ops Program will have the ability to clip via the UI. For help with this please reach out in #product-support as it is not managed by Explorer.
- With the release of Orders v2 in Explorer comes the deprecation of the Orders v0 UI
- All orders previously made with orders v0 can be accessed via the account page for download and/or the API
- We heard that you missed the Satellite layer when viewing imagery. We now have an option to turn it on!
- We’ve added a new menu that allows you to toggle a Satellite view as well as the Street labels.
- The Filters panel has gotten a face-lift, amongst other improvements
- There are new grouped categories and they can be collapsed so that it is easier to navigate and see just what you want or need.
- The sliders now have a way to enter the values via a text field
- The instrument filter now uses checkboxes, so that it is easier to select more than one instrument at a time.
- You can reset the filters to the default values by clicking “Clear All”
- In order to apply the filters you must click on “Apply Filters”
- We now have a top navigation with easier access to common help items.
- You can find links to Planet’s Help Center, What’s New, take a contextual tour, view our Terms of Service and/or Submit Feedback.
- All of these things used to be spread throughout the application and now have a more centralized home.
- A cleaner base layer when an AOI is drawn to highlight the selected imagery better
- A better way to specify the time interval of interest in the results panel
- This used to be a dropdown, it is now a series of toggle buttons where the options are visible “up-front”
- The filters, date filter, sort options, and saving/updating a search actions are now closer together and easier to find
- With this change we no longer have “quick-filters”, all filters can be accessed via the “Filters” button
- The sort menu now has a pop-up menu with the options, this is in preparation to bring more sorting options as we improve the application.
- We’ve added an empty state message in the sidebar when a user does not have access to certain basemaps, to avoid having an empty and sad panel
- The low resolution message is now a dismissible notification, rather than occupying space on the sidebar (this only applies to users with limited access)
- Super-Dove (PSB.SD) filter is now an option for all users and no longer requires a lab
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Spacebar toggle now works as expected, regardless of last area selected.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Explorer no longer crashes when previewing imagery and using the results sidebar scroll.
- 5 band imagery is now available via the
analytic_5b bundle in the Orders dialog
- Fixed a bug that was limiting display of imagery Sources in the filters dialog
- Fixed a dialog display bug for Safari users