Subscriptions API is Planet's new data delivery API which allows you to subscribe to continuous cloud delivery of the imagery and metadata you care about with a single API call. The best of Planet search, processing, and delivery, the Subscription's API's set-it-and-forget-it ordering capability will automatically push imagery to you as soon as it becomes available.
Analytics Feed Viewer
New functionality in the Feed Viewer is now live! Updates include:
- A compare view to see change over time
- Ability to see multiple time period's worth of detections at once
- Updated metadata view
Summary Statistics are now live! Existing Ships, Planes, Silo Bags and Well Pad feeds can be queried for Summary Stats to easily get counts of detections over time. Users can also query road and building detection feeds to track the square meters covered by each class over time.
Planet Explorer updates:
- You can now access our Tasking Dashboard to task a high resolution image, directly from Explorer.
- Hosted Data folders can now be renamed.
- You can now use MGRS coordinates with higher precision (10m, 1m) and it will be converted to a Lat/Lon coordinate.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Fixed an issue where the number fields for the area coverage filter would get stuck on certain values.
Planet Explorer now displays both the 'gsd' and 'pixel_resolution' parameters for both SkySatScenes and SkySatCollects. The 'gsd' parameter represents the ground sample distance of the basic SkySat product, whereas the 'pixel_resolution' parameter represents the resampled resolution of the orthorectified assets.
The Orders API Coregistration tool is now Generally Available to Preferred and Premium Raster Tool customers. This tool allows you to coregister a set of target items to a single anchor item within your order, making it easier to perform time series analysis of deep temporal imagery stacks. More information on this tool is available here: https://developers.planet.com/docs/orders/tools-reference/#coregister