Planet Explorer updates:
The Imagery Type filter is now grouped by resolution. The group checkboxes can be used to select/deselect all
MGRS support when searching. Users can now use the Military Grid Reference System with 10km, 1km, and 100m precisions.
- The instrument filter is no longer applied by default, to avoid excluding items without instrument in the metadata.
Bug Fixes 🐛
- Fixed an issue when following a deep link and the user was not logged in, the search would not load properly.
The SkySat cloud_cover field is now computed as the sum of cloud_percent and heavy_haze_percent so all cloud values are consistent. Note that cloud_cover is still in the range 0-1 (a ratio), while cloud_percent and heavy_haze_percent are percentages in the range 0 to 100. The properties of the archive have not been changed at this time, but may be changed in the future to also reflect this change.
New & Updated Tasking Dashboard features
- Extended the timeout for stuck queued captures from 15h to 30h after which the capture gets FAILED and the order continues re-tasking or expires.
- Order details are grouped in a more constructive way in Order Details View.
- Requested area in sqkm is exposed on order level.
Bugs fixed related to order and captures states:
- captures being stuck in PROCESSING,
- orders being stuck in IN PROGRESS,
- orders moving to IN PROGRESS after being EXPIRED,
- Stereo Orders being stuck in REQUESTED and expecting for more captures after already having relevant successful captures published
Coregistration is a new Orders API tool available in Beta to Preferred and Premium raster tool customers. This tool allows you to coregister a set of target items to a single anchor item within your order, making it easier to perform time series analysis of deep temporal imagery stacks. More information on this tool is available here: https://developers.planet.com/docs/orders/tools-reference/#coregister