Next-Generation Planetscope imagery will now be published as both standard and test quality. 3 and 4 band data will be available through the existing PSScene3Band, PSScene4Band, and PSOrthotile items. Additionally, 5-band (blue, green, red, rededge, nir) imagery is available under the analytic_5b asset, which is in the PSOrthotile item type. The way to identify data in this release is by the "psb.sd" value in the "instrument" field.
See https://developers.planet.com/docs/data/items-assets/ for details on Items/Assets.
An Image Quality Report on data contained in this release is available at https://support.planet.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360009158657/Planet_L1_Data_Quality_Report_SuperDove_GA.pdf.
ArcGIS Add-In V1.2
- Users can now select and download their entire basemap (they're no longer limited at 50 basemap quads)
- The "Create mosaic dataset" post basemap download is now an optional setting when selecting your basemap quads
- The basemap downloader tool now uses the default folder browser to prevent remove permissions errors when creating the mosaic dataset
- Extracting downloads from your orders panel no longer fails when un-zipping
Users can now see order dimensions in the order summary exactly calculated by the system and not with an approximation.
New Planet School resources
- A new Jupyter Notebook has been added to our collection of guides and tutorials: learn how to generate a heatmap from vector analytic change detections.
- New tutorial: learn how to explore Planet Analytic Ship Detection feeds & visualize collections over an AOI using QGIS