New (ish) ✨
- Orders v2 is now the sole provider of orders in Explorer for all users.
- As announced last week, only those users that are part of the Beta Clipping + Raster Ops Program will have the ability to clip via the UI. For help with this please reach out in #product-support as it is not managed by Explorer.
- With the release of Orders v2 in Explorer comes the deprecation of the Orders v0 UI
- All orders previously made with orders v0 can be accessed via the account page for download and/or the API
Planet is improving its algorithm for calculating Surface Reflectance in PlanetScope and RapidEye products. Planet is also now producing
analytic_sr assets under the existing
REOrthoTile item types.
The new Surface Reflectance algorithm should help reduce scene-to-scene difference due to rapidly varying atmospheric conditions. Reference the updated white paper on the support page: https://support.planet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012629573-Planet-Surface-Reflectance-Product
analytic_sr assets are available under the existing
REOrthoTile items listed in the Dev Center: https://developers.planet.com/docs/data/items-assets/
Validation on allowed geometries when submitting a GeoJSON file is now enabled. For example, multipolygons or 3D objects are not supported.
Visualising area orders are now automatically tessellated and displayed on order creation:
- Data API now returns a list of supported asset types for each item type in all GET item_types calls. This field lists the set of asset types which may be produced for a given item type. You can reference this change in our API reference documentation here: https://developers.planet.com/docs/data/reference/#operation/ListItemTypes