Real-time platform operations status and maintenance announcements
Deprecated products and their deprecation dates
Atom feed for this change log
The latest developer relations news
March 23, 2023
Composite orders with multiple product bundles are no longer supported
To ensure a more streamlined process and reduce the occurrence of failures, we have decided to discontinue support for composite orders that contain multiple product bundles. This change prevents downstream failures, resulting in a more efficient and reliable process. Going forward, users cannot submit composite orders with multiple product bundles, but must submit only one order per product bundle.
March 22, 2023
February 16, 2023
Planet QGIS Plugin Version 2.3 Updates¶
- An area estimate is displayed when you draw an area of interest to search for Basemap quads to download.
- STAC metadata is now available as an option when placing an order.
- A new Add to Map button is included in the Orders panel. When Add to Map is selected, a true color visualization of PlanetScope or SkySat imagery is automatically rendered in the QGIS map.
- An improved multi-polygon search has been added. You can now search for individual polygons in a multi-polygon or select a bounding box around the multi-polygon extent.
Bug Fixes 🐛¶
- The auto-fill coordinates feature now correctly completes fields in the Tasking Dashboard and a location is specified in the Tasking panel.
- The Basemap series cadence is now in the correct sequential order.
- The metadata fields in imagery footprints now display the correct data type.
February 08, 2023
- It is now easier to select your time of interest in Explorer, especially for date ranges beyond two months. You can now enter your start and end date ranges as well as select them on the calendar.
- We have made improvements to Compare mode. You can now see the search field while in Compare mode. If you'd like to search for another location, you can do so faster now.
- If you try to place an order clipped to a complex geometry, the order will fail. We now include a fail safe in Explorer that disables the clipping option if your geometry is too complex. This way, you can place an order that will go through successfully.
- We have changed the defaults when you place an order. Harmonization will no longer be on by default; this tool is best applied if someone is ordering PlanetScope data from various constellations (for example, SuperDove and Dove-R); this situation does not apply to most people because SuperDoves provide full coverage. The clipping tool will remain on by default.
Bug Fixes 🐛¶
- Small AOIs will now show their area correctly up to 3 decimal places instead of 0 km2.
- We've fixed an issue that led to the application crashing when SkySat items were ordered as Hosted Data.
January 26, 2023
Planet Add-in for ArcGIS Pro Updates¶
You can now view a size estimate when you draw an area of interest to search for Basemap quads.
Bug Fixes 🐛¶
- The auto-fill coordinates feature now correctly completes fields in the Tasking Dashboard when specifying a location in the Tasking panel.
- The Planet Add-in for ArcGIS Pro now supports organizations that are using system proxies.