Not sure where to begin with geospatial data? Need a hand getting started with web resources like Planet's API?
Planet School is here to help.
Planet School is aimed at data scientists, software engineers, imagery analysts, and more: anyone who is engaged in working with Earth Observation imagery and interested in learning more about basic EO and geospatial concepts.
Below you'll find a collection of self-guided tutorials with the information you need to get up to speed on tools and technology that will let you get the most out of Planet's data.
Using Planet ToolsHands-on guides that use Planet's GIS integrations and open-source tools
Beyond the BasicsHands-on with more focused topics, building on what you've already learned
Videos & WebinarsVideo-based virtual classes that take you hands-on with Planet's data & platform.
- Using Planet Tile Services in ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS One Minute to Integrations
- Analyzing a Flood Event in ArcGIS Pro
- Google Earth Engine One Minute to Integrations
- Using Google Earth Engine & Planet to generate NDVI data
- Get started with Planet CLI: searching for data
- QGIS One Minute to Integrations
- Analyzing a Flood Event in QGIS
- Getting Started with REST APIs
Cloud Native GeospatialGuides to standards, tools and best practices for a Cloud-first approach to working with geospatial data
- Part 1: Overview
- Part 2: Converting Regular GeoTIFFs into COGs
- Part 3: Dynamic Web Tiling with Titiler