Not sure where to begin with geospatial data? Need a hand getting started with web resources like Planet's API?¶
Planet School is here to help.
Planet School is aimed at data scientists, software engineers, imagery analysts, and more: anyone who is engaged in working with Earth Observation imagery and interested in learning more about basic EO and geospatial concepts.
Below you'll find a collection of self-guided tutorials with the information you need to get up to speed on tools and technology that will let you get the most out of Planet's data.
Planet 101A gentle introduction to foundational concepts. New to geospatial data, or working with APIs? Start here.
Building a ToolboxGet up and running with a collection of popular free & open-source tools for working with geospatial data
Using Planet ToolsHands-on guides that use Planet's GIS integrations and open-source tools
Beyond the BasicsHands-on with more focused topics, building on what you've already learned
Working with Planet APIsFocused guides to common tasks and workflows using Planet APIs
Videos & WebinarsVideo-based virtual classes that take you hands-on with Planet's data & platform.
- Using Planet Tile Services in ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS One Minute to Integrations
- Analyzing a Flood Event in ArcGIS Pro
- Google Earth Engine One Minute to Integrations
- Using Google Earth Engine & Planet to generate NDVI data
- Get started with Planet CLI: searching for data
- QGIS One Minute to Integrations
- Analyzing a Flood Event in QGIS
- Getting Started with REST APIs
Cloud Native GeospatialGuides to standards, tools and best practices for a Cloud-first approach to working with geospatial data
- Part 1: Overview
- Part 2: Converting Regular GeoTIFFs into COGs
- Part 3: Dynamic Web Tiling with Titiler